VNC access to ESXi Guests OS
Following these steps we’ll be able to open the port 59xx on the ESXi firewall.
In this way we’ll can connect through VNC to a Guest OS :
- Connect to the ESXi Server with vSphere client
- Select Configuration tab, locate and open the Software list box, then select Security Profile.
- In the Firewall section, select the Properties link to display the Firewall Properties dialog box.
- In the dialog box, scroll to and select GDB Server, then click OK.
- Your ESXi server now allows VNC access to Guest VM consoles through its firewall.
Now we can enable our Guest machine to be reached by VNC client.
- Edit <guestvm>.vmx file (that file which define vm resources)
- Add on bottom the following rules :
RemoteDisplay.vnc.port = “5901” (here you can define the port on which you want to connect the range is 5900 – 5999)
RemoteDisplay.vnc.password = “supersecretpassword”
Also if we want to specify our keyboard map we can add :
RemoteDisplay.vnc.keyMap = “xx” where xx is our language (eg: us or it or jp etc.)
Boot the machine and try to connect to <esxip>:5901 and when requested try to put the choosen password.